WORKSHOP: Doing Business with the Government
Wednesday, November 30, 2022 (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM) (CST)
Contracting with the federal government can open the door to many opportunities for your small business and can aid your business' growth. Learn the steps in the process to obtain contract opportunities and your responsibilities as a contractor. This seminar covers the basics of government contracting, what it takes to be a government contractor, and an overview of the steps to get started.
Some of the topics include:
- How to market and become a federal, state, or local government supplier
- How to find government business opportunities and how to get registered
- How to find information on the internet related to government contracting
- Understanding small business certification programs
The training with help you:
Determine how to pursue government contracts
Learn government contracting terminology
Decide whether you really want to go after government business
Explore some of the myths around government contracting
Overview of some of the obstacles
Learn from a very knowledgeable and approachable PTAC staff
Who should attend?
• Businesses who are exploring or have acquired a government contract either as a prime contractor or as a subcontractor
• Those looking who are interested in the opportunity, and need to familiarize themselves with the total picture.
• Seasoned businesses interested in diversifying the business strategy